As we sat across from Fisherman's Wharf watching a squad of sea lions doing what they do best, nothing, J and I were determined to tick off the last item on our San Francisco to-do list. And what could be more iconic than riding the famous San Francisco Tram-Trolleys-Streetcars-Cable Cars?
So there we were, armed with Google Maps and a sense of “we-have-one—last-thing- to-do-to-complete-this-adventure”, standing just a hop, a skip, a jump away from the Powell-Hyde line.
Only 44 cable cars are left in operation after the Big earthquake. So it’s like stumbling upon a rare Pokémon, but with more history and fewer Pikachu costumes. As we approached the cable car station, a realization struck us like a lightning bolt – we made our way to the busiest station of them all.
Now, patience may be a virtue, but it’s one that J and I clearly missed the memo on. While the sage advice is to avoid rush hour, we scoffed at all conventions and the line was longer than a giraffe's neck! Because, you know, queuing is for quitters, and we’re nothing if not adventurous (or maybe just a little too optimistic).
Everyone knows that good things come to those who wait, but I always thought it was ‘Good things come to those who do the wave” So we waved and left.
I wish I was as thin as my patience but patience is overrated, so took an Uber to the next closest station. At this point, I would like to pause to let the reader know that despite our best efforts, we are going at a rate of 4 Donuts per minute, each, and the donut bucket is still full.
As we boarded, the scenic views unfolded, making the wait totally worth it (or at least that’s what we told ourselves to feel better). I couldn’t help but feel like Humphrey Bogart in \"Dark Passage\" being J, Lucille Ball, (my forever crush) on her first date with Henry Fonda in \"Yours, Mine and Ours.\"- oh, how I wish I could’ve been her sidekick in some zany sitcom!
Anyhow, with the wind in our hair and the cityscape rolling by, J turned to me with a mischievous grin and said, \"You’ve been calling me J all this time. Well, my love, the jig is up. It’s time to reveal my true identity.
My name is...
(dramatic soap opera music in the background)
GASOLINA !!!
With a sense of accomplishment after my “fiery and flammable” adventure partner, and I had cross-off every item on our travel checklist faster than you can say \"jet lag.\" We found ourselves with nothing left but to abandon ourselves to carnal pleasure.
And the hotel was very conveniently placed just a few minutes away from the last stop. Coincidence? Serendipity? I think not. After a dangerous mix of sugar and seafood, J's eyes sparkled at me very suspiciously, she had been shooting me those seductive glances for a while now. So I was pretty sure she was ready 😍😍😍 for it. Now, I’m a gentleman, but I’m not gonna lie either.
It was a very wild NAP.
And what better way to complete the adventure, putting the icing on the cake, than to delight ourselves in a dinner on a rooftop with views?
The views were spectacular-jaw-dropping sights: she was, rocking a mini skirt paired with high-knee boots – I mean, could a guy ask for more? Oh, and the hotel views weren’t too shabby either.
And after a couple of cocktails, we hit the dance floor, attempting to outshine a couple in their 90s. Because, you know, I can’t think of a better way to spend our last night in SF, than imitating a loving couple well into their 90s, moving on the dance floor like there’s no tomorrow, in their case, more than a possibility, literally.
And just like that, we have reached the end of this epic saga of my Thanksgiving weekend. It’s been a weekend of laughter and lots of food choices here in San Francisco! I’ve shared my adventures, mishaps, and probably more information than my mom would prefer. But hold your beer, or hold onto your avocado toast, for all the sober and vegan people of LA. Because rumor has it, the next adventure involves a questionable attempt at mastering a yoga session at the beach (hopefully not a naked one).
Until next time, keep your laughter loud and your coffee stronger than the Golden Gate Bridge! 🌁☕️😂 San Francisco, you’ve been a wild ride, but J’s and my antics have only just begun! Do you think you can handle it? Stay tuned, because my misadventures are far from over!


Comments
Post a Comment